Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 09, 2016"It's not just, 'Would you rather be shot or poisoned?' Now it's 'This isn't so bad.'"
– Kellyanne Conway, head of Trusted Leader super PAC, on the evolution of Cruz's appeal to prominent donors
April 08, 2016"I alone can solve."
– Donald Trump, tweeting after Taliban attack
April 07, 2016"Even your friends are out to get you. They want your job, they want your house, they want your money, they want your wife, and they even want your dog."
– Donald Trump in his 2007 book, Think Big
April 06, 2016"If I win, all of the bad things happening in the U.S. will be rapidly reversed."
– Donald Trump
April 04, 2016"I thought it was a nice picture of Heidi."
– Donald Trump, defending photo he re-tweeted that unflatteringly compares Melania Trump and Heidi Cruz
April 03, 2016"Only Trump talks rationally, about listening to top brass as president, and hiring the best of the best to work alongside our commander-in-chief."
– Sarah Palin, provoking laughter from the crowd at a Wisconsin GOP gathering
April 02, 2016"The world is taking advantage of the United States and it's driving us into literally being a Third World nation."
– Donald Trump
April 01, 2016"Our candidate is mental...It's like constantly having to bail out your 16-year-old son from prison."
– Ann Coulter on Donald Trump
March 31, 2016"There has to be some form of punishment."
– Donald Trump, on the fate of women who have abortions, if abortions become illegal
March 30, 2016"We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities."
– Nixon aide John Ehrlichman on the War on Drugs