Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
July 01, 2016"If I decide to run for office I'll produce my tax returns. I would love to do that."
– Donald Trump, 2014
June 30, 2016"I would tell him to find someone who understands who the boss will be, someone who is not running too, someone who he could serve with [and] wouldn't need a food taste-tester around him, you know? You know what I mean?..."
– Sarah Palin's advice for Donald Trump in choosing a running mate
June 29, 2016"Just a continuing rape of our country."
– Donald Trump on the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership
June 28, 2016"Our phones are ringing off the hook. Our social media is going nuts. We are definitely riding a wave of momentum, and we plan to ride it all the way to getting and winning a referendum on succession."
– Texas Nationalist Movement president Daniel Miller on Texit
June 27, 2016"Sexist...Racist..."
– Rep. Steve King on having a person of color or a woman on U.S. currency
June 25, 2016"[Scotland] is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back. No games!" -- Donald Trump, tweeting during the Brexit vote; Scotland ended up with 62% choosing "remain"From Scottish tweets criticizing Trump for his error: "You clueless numpty." "You spoon." "You mangled apricot hellbeast."
June 24, 2016"The chance to reject today's rule by the global elite."
– Donald Trump on the 2016 presidential election
June 23, 2016"We don't know anything about Hillary in terms of religion. She's been in the public eye for years and years, and yet there's nothing out there."
– Donald Trump
June 22, 2016"I understand money better than anybody."
– Donald Trump
June 21, 2016"Ding dong the witch is dead!"
– Trump adviser Michael Caputo, tweeting in response to the firing of campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. Caputo subsequently resigned, noting that his reaction had been "too exuberant."