Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 17, 2012"The real war on women has been the job losses as the result of the Obama economy."
– Mitt Romney
April 15, 2012"Now Mom and Dad both have to work whether they want to or not, and usually one of them has two jobs."-- Mitt Romney, 1994"Even if you have a child two years of age, you need to go to work... I want individuals to have the dignity of work."-- Mitt Romney, January, 2012"I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work."-- Ann Romney, last week"
April 13, 2012"We stand for the values that make us Americans."
– Rick Santorum on Republicans
April 12, 2012"I think many men are much more familiar with the failed policies than a lot of other people, as well as the general public."
– Herman Cain, on why more women than men support Obama
April 10, 2012"Inspired a whole new generation of conservative Republican leaders."
– Gov. Chris Christie on George W. Bush
April 10, 2012"The most important race in our country's history."
– Rick Santorum on the 2012 presidential contest
April 07, 2012"We have a president who I think is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps."
– Harvard graduate Mitt Romney
April 06, 2012"The Navy SEALs shot Osama bin Laden in Pakistan and [EPA Administrator] Lisa Jackson shot us in Washington."
– United Mine Workers president Cecil Roberts on proposed greenhouse gas emission limits
April 05, 2012"We've got to do something about these Asians coming in, opening up businesses -- those dirty shops. They ought to go. I'll just say that right now, you know. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too."
– two-term DC council member Marion Barry, in a primary night victory speech
April 04, 2012"I think it's seven or eight of the California system of universities don't even teach an American history course. It's not even available to be taught."
– Rick Santorum, trash-talking a state whose public higher education system includes ten UC campuses, 23 California State University campuses and 112 community colleges, all of which (except the UCSF Med Center) offer American history courses