Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 24, 2012"Uniformly ignores the Constitution... Thinks he's above the law and can do whatever he wants to do... I'm sure our Founders would be spinning in their graves knowing how he was conducting himself as president."
– Rick Santorum on Obama
January 23, 2012"Not very much."
– Mitt Romney on how much he makes in speaking fees, which totaled over $374,000 in a recent 12-month period
January 20, 2012"You're right. I think grandiose thoughts. This is a grandiose country."
– Newt Gingrich, in Thursday debate"GRANDIOSE: characterized by affectation of grandeur or splendor or by absurd exaggeration."
– Merriam Webster
January 20, 2012"I'll release those on April 15th, and the reason is very simple: I want to beat Barack Obama. I don't want to give the Democrats a nice little present of having multiple releases. We're going to have one release."
– Mitt Romney on his tax returns
January 20, 2012"Not very much."
– Mitt Romney, on how much he makes in speaking fees, which totaled over $374,000 in a recent 12-month period
January 19, 2012"I've never quit a day in my life. I've never quit in the face of adversity, and I'm not just about to quit on the future of America. I'm going to stay in this race and stay in this fight because our children and this country are worth the fight."
– Rick Perry, on Tuesday"Today I am suspending my campaign."
– Rick Perry, today
January 19, 2012"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"
– Mark Wahlberg on 9/11 flight he was originally scheduled to be aboard
January 17, 2012"Best equipped to defeat Barack Obama."
– Jon Huntsman, on Mitt Romney, Monday"Completely unelectable."
– Jon Huntsman, on Mitt Romney, last week
January 16, 2012"We actually think work is good."
– Newt Gingrich on difference between Obama and GOP candidates
January 14, 2012"I'm very happy in my former life; we helped create over 100,000 new jobs."
– Mitt Romney, several weeks ago"We started a number of businesses, invested in many others, and that over all created tens of thousands of jobs."
– Romney, several days ago"Helped create and ran a company that invested in struggling businesses, grew new ones, and rebuilt old ones, creating thousands of jobs. Those are the facts."
– new Romney ad