Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
August 17, 2011"If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I don't know what you all would do to him in Iowa, but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas...Printing more money to play politics...is almost treasonous."
– Rick Perry on Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke
August 16, 2011"It takes balls to execute an innocent man."
– a Texas voter from a focus group commenting on a questionable execution approved by Gov. Rick Perry
August 14, 2011"I'm doing this because they call us criminals."
– London looter to photographer
August 12, 2011"I'm not going to eat Barack Obama's dogfood."
– Mitt Romney
August 11, 2011"[Texas Governor Rick Perry] is a charismatic figure. I think about him on stage with the other candidates and he'll stand out. He's not a wallflower. But the most interesting question for me is whether the country is ready for somebody who looks and sounds like George W. Bush on steroids."
– Dr. Richard Land, former president of the Southern Baptist Convention
August 10, 2011"I walk through the hotel and I walk down the street, and people look at me like I'm f**king insane, like I'm Hitler. One day the light will shine through and one day people will understand everything I ever did."
– Kanye West
August 09, 2011"Hard to follow sometimes."
– Fox News host Gretchen Carlson on Spongebob Squarepants
August 07, 2011"We're on the fringe right now. We can barely defend ourselves."
– Rep. Bobby Schilling, member of the Armed Services Committee, on the U.S. military
August 04, 2011"If you want a bad job, go to Texas. If you want to work at Carl's Jr., our doors are open, and if you want to go to a crumbling school in a failing system, this is the place to come."
– Texas Rep. Garnet Coleman
July 31, 2011"This guy isn't a serious Christian. He's a devoted New York Times reader, and he's an extremely well-read guy."
– Mark Steyn on Anders Breivik