Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
September 16, 2017"To have any kind of focus on the cause and effect of the storm, versus helping people, or actually facing the effect of the storm, is misplaced."-- Scott Pruitt, head of the Environmental Protection Agency"Causality is something outside of my ability to analyze right now."-- Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert"If this isn't climate change, I don't know what is. This is the time to talk about climate change."-- Miami mayor Tomás Regalado"
September 15, 2017"I bet on a loser... At this point, who doesn't want Trump impeached?"
– Ann Coulter
September 14, 2017"He criticizes the Russians all the time."
– Steve Bannon on Trump
September 13, 2017"I call it an exfoliation. Anyone who was willing to change a friendship or not do business because of who somebody supports in politics is not somebody who has a lot of character."
– Jared Kushner, comparing ex-friends to dead skin cells
September 12, 2017"I don't believe [Trump] thinks that they're looking out for what's in his best interest."
– Steve Bannon on the New York Times, the Washington Post, and CBS
September 11, 2017"This is a melting pot. And, by the way, if the Dreamers want to go somewhere and live? Come to Ohio. We want all the immigrants to come to Ohio, because we know how much they contribute to America."
– Gov. John Kasich
September 09, 2017"We are building our future with American hands, American labor, American iron, aluminum and steel. Happy Labor Day!"
– Trump tweet, accompanied by photo in which the First Lady is wearing a dress by a Greek designer that was made in Italy with French materials
September 08, 2017"They need illegal aliens to fill the churches. It's obvious."
– Steve Bannon on why Catholic Church leaders condemned Trump ending DACA
September 07, 2017"It looks like it could be something that will be not good."
– Trump on Hurricane Irma
September 06, 2017"Before long, Black Lives Matter will join forces with ISIS to bring down our legal constituted republic. You heard it here first."
– 2015 tweet by Sheriff David A. Clarke, Jr., who until recently has been under consideration for a post in the Trump Administration