Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 05, 2017"I think he's a person I know well - he is a good person. I think he shouldn't have settled...I don't think Bill did anything wrong."-- Trump commenting on O'Reilly's sexual harassment settlements, on the fifth day of National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month"I think the Susan Rice thing is a massive story. I think it's a massive, massive story. All over the world...I think it's going to be the biggest story. It's such an important story for our country and the world. It is one of the big stories of our time...The Russia story is a total hoax."-- Trump"
April 05, 2017"The government should be run like a great American company... Our hope is that we can achieve successes and efficiencies for our customers, who are the citizens."
– Jared Kushner, who will "oversee a broad effort to overhaul the federal government"
April 04, 2017"I don't lose."
April 03, 2017"You cannot arrest or repress people who just don't exist in the Republic. If such people existed in Chechnya, law enforcement would not have to worry about them, as their own relatives would have sent them to where they could never return."
– Alvi Karimov, spokesman for Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, on reports that gay man have been detained and killed by Chechnyan authorities
April 02, 2017"I'm not allowed to promote anything I'm involved in. So I just want to have the legal disclosure; you've asked me the question, and I am not promoting any product. But you should send all your kids to 'Lego Batman.'"
– Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin speaking at a corporate event, promoting a project he is executive producer on
April 01, 2017"That was some weird s**t."
– George W. Bush, as he was leaving Trump's inauguration
March 30, 2017"When you are given immunity you have probably committed a crime."-- Michael Flynn, last September on Meet the Press"If you're not guilty of something, what do you need immunity for, right?-- Trump, at a rally last year"
March 30, 2017"The president made women's empowerment a priority throughout the campaign."
– WH press secretary Sean Spicer
March 29, 2017"I know we're going to make a deal on health care. That's such an easy one."
– Trump, speaking to bipartisan group of senators and spouses at White House reception last night
March 28, 2017"Regarding the question as to climate change, I think the President was fairly straightforward: We're not spending money on that any more. We consider that to be a waste of your money."
– Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget