Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 25, 2016"I think his campaign is opportunistic, race-baiting, religious bigotry, xenophobia. Other than that, he'd be a good nominee."
– Sen. Lindsey Graham on Donald Trump
March 24, 2016"Barack Obama would have to be considered America's first Muslim president."
– Ted Cruz foreign policy adviser Frank Gaffney, in 2009
March 23, 2016"We need to empower law enforcement to patrol and secure Muslim neighborhoods before they become radicalized."
– Sen. Ted Cruz
March 22, 2016"He obviously loves his country. And maybe he doesn't like seeing what's happening to the country."
– Donald Trump, on the supporter who was arrested for sucker-punching an anti-Trump demonstrator
March 21, 2016"I think you'd have riots. I don't know what's going to happen. But I will say this; you're going to have a lot of very unhappy people."
– Donald Trump on the outcome if he does not get the nomination
March 20, 2016"This is serious rifle. This is serious NRA."
– Donald Trump on his sons
March 19, 2016"Highly overrated and crazy... She is sick, and the most overrated person on TV. Everybody should boycott the Megyn Kelly show."-- Donald Trump"His extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land."-- Fox News in response"
March 18, 2016"The doormen there are all good friends with Donald, on a first-name basis. They sometimes have breakfast together, and he feels like one of them."
– developer Abe Hirschfeld, on the doormen at Trump Tower
March 17, 2016"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain, and I've said a lot of things."
– Donald Trump on his foreign policy advisers
March 15, 2016"All rise!"
– Trump butler Anthony Senecal, to servants and club members when Trump entered the Mar-a-Lago living room. They all complied.