Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
June 11, 2014"Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong."
– Indian politician Babulai Gaur, on rape
June 10, 2014"It's better not to argue with women."
– Vladimir Putin
June 08, 2014"We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet."
– Twitter post by the CIA
June 06, 2014"I became convinced that I had died and no one was telling me."
– Maureen Dowd, after ignoring cautions to not eat too much magic candy
June 05, 2014"He says he was growing his beard because his son was in captivity. Well, your son's out now. So if you really didn't want to look like a member of the Taliban, you don't have to look like a member of the Taliban. Are you out of razors?"
– Fox News host Brian Kilmeade on Bob Bergdahl, father of released POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
June 03, 2014"No matter what society does, there will always be mass murder -- always."
– Bill O'Reilly
June 02, 2014"The National Weather Service says a swarm of grasshoppers was detected over Albuquerque's West Mesa for the fourth night in a row on Friday."
– -- from AP story
May 30, 2014"We kill people based on metadata."
– Gen. Michael Hayden, former NSA and CIA director
May 29, 2014"Your dead kids don't trump my constitutional rights."
– Joe "The Plumber" Werzelbacher, in an open letter to the parents of those killed by Elliot Rodger, referred to as "this sad and insane individual. I almost said 'Obama voter,' but I'm waiting for it to be official."
May 27, 2014"I'd rather slam my hand in a car door."
– Christine O'Donnell, on the idea of running for the U.S. Senate again