Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
July 18, 2016"America is at a point right now of almost anarchy."
– Rudy Giuliani
July 17, 2016"You Can't Always Get What You Want."
– Rolling Stones song playing over loudspeakers before Trump began the press conference to announce his running mate
July 16, 2016"We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported...Anybody who goes on a website favoring ISIS, or al Qaeda, or other terrorist groups, that should be a felony, and they should go to jail...Monitor the mosques. If you're not prepared to monitor the mosques, this whole thing is a joke."
– Newt Gingrich
July 15, 2016"It's a little difficult because of where she is...because of, you know, it's a long ways away."
– Donald Trump on why Sarah Palin won't be attending the GOP convention
July 14, 2016" "I would rather attend the public hanging of a good friend."
– GOP digital strategist Will Ritter, on skipping the party's convention
July 13, 2016"Well, I've been saying, even against me the system is rigged. When I ran for president I could see what is going on with the system, and the system is rigged... I can really relate it very much to myself."-- Donald Trump, asked by Bill O'Reilly what he would say to African Americans who feel the system is biased against them"Bernie's endorsement becomes Exhibit A in our rigged system."-- Trump senior policy adviser Stephen Miller"
July 12, 2016"This is now war. Watch out Obama. Watch out Black Lives Matter punks. Real America is coming after you."-- former Tea Party congressman Joe Walsh, tweeting in the wake of the Dallas shootings"
July 11, 2016"You two wouldn't know how to write a good story about me if you tried. Dream on."
– Donald Trump to two NY Times reporters who had asked him to comment on his management style
July 09, 2016"Saddam Hussein throws a little gas. Everyone goes crazy, 'Ooh, he's using gas!'"
– Donald Trump, on the largest chemical weapons attack on civilians in history
July 08, 2016"[He] will not be attending the convention and will instead take his kids to watch some dumpster fires across the state, all of which enjoy more popularity than the current front-runners"."
– spokesman for Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse on his summer plans