Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
December 03, 2014"A hundred Delta Gammas, a thousand AZDsTen Thousand Pi Phi bitches who get down on their kneesBut the ones that we hold true, the ones that we hold dearAre the ones who stay up late at night, and take it in the rear."
– from Rugby Road, a traditional UVA fight song
December 02, 2014"Do you want to be responsible for something that's gonna paint UVA in a bad light? You have to remember where your loyalty lies."
– roommate counseling a gang rape victim at UVA
December 01, 2014"Pussy! What, she's not hot enough for you? Don't you want to be a brother?"-- Phi Kappa Psi members, during an alleged gang rape at the University of Virgina, as reported in Rolling Stone"Are you ignoring me? I wanted to thank you for the other night. I had a great time."-- UVA gang rape leader "Drew" to his victim two weeks after the crime"
November 29, 2014"When one race or culture overwhelms another culture, they run them out or they kill them. And it's a bigger issue than just being Democrats...Once the numbers are so bad, they can pretty much do whatever they want to do."-- radio caller concerned about a future majority of Hispanic citizens in the U.S."What protects us from any kind of ethnic cleansing is the rule of law, of course...And now we have a president who disregards the law when it suits his interests."-- KS Secretary of State Kris Kobach, in reply"
November 26, 2014"Full of crap."
– Sen. Lindsey Graham on House Republican report on Benghazi
November 25, 2014"There's a chapter called 'Speak English.' Nobody else has the balls to have a chapter called that. I should have called it 'Speak F***in' English,' that's what I should have called it...If Siri can't understand you -- may I speak French? -- you're f***ed."
– Gene Simmons, on his new book about how to win in life and business
November 24, 2014"You just raped Bill Cosby."
– Glenn Beck on the Associated Press
November 21, 2014"The country's going to go nuts... You're going to see -- hopefully not, but you could see -- instances of anarchy... You could see violence."
– Sen. Tom Coburn on Obama taking executive action on immigration
November 20, 2014"I hope they don't think we're a rock and roll outfit."
– Mick Jagger, on the impending first live gig by his new r&b group The Rolling Stones
November 19, 2014"I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors -- probably harmless."
– prominent GOP activist Rusty DePass, on report that a gorilla had escaped from a Columbia, South Carolina zoo