Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 27, 2013"We won't survive another 1,000 years without escaping our fragile planet."
– Stephen Hawking
April 25, 2013"He's by far the most qualified man, but no. We've had enough Bushes."
– Barbara Bush, asked about Jeb seeking the presidency
April 22, 2013"I go into the office in the morning, I sue Barack Obama, and then I go home."
– Texas State Attorney General Greg Abbott, describing his job
April 21, 2013"Who wouldn't use torture on this punk to save more lives?"
– NY state Sen. Greg Ball, on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
April 20, 2013"The global warming scientists are just Democrats, folks. They're all part of an agenda."
– Rush Limbaugh
April 19, 2013"Guns, gays and immigration -- it's too much. I can be with you on one or two of them, but not all three."
– an unnamed senator who voted against the gun control bill, to the White House
April 18, 2013"We should declare that he who is not with us is against us. We must secure Afghanistan."
– British Ambassador John MacNeill, 1839, prior to Britain's first disastrous occupation of Afghanistan
April 17, 2013"Some of the speculation that has come out is that yes, it was a foreign national and, speculating here, that it was potentially a person on a student visa. If that's the case, then we need to take a look at the big picture."
– Rep. Steve King, opponent of immigration reform, on the Boston bombings
April 16, 2013"I'm comfortable with what I did."-- George W. Bush, on the Iraq War, April 14, 2013"He's been pretty immune to what people say."-- Jim Francis, Bush fundraiser"His conscience is clear."-- Joe O'Neill, Bush childhood friend"
April 15, 2013"Our campaign bumper sticker: If babies had guns, they wouldn't be aborted."
– Rep. Steve Stockman