Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
August 16, 2013"I will bet you, for most of you, you go home in the next two weeks when your members of Congress are home, and you look them in the eye and you say, 'What is your positive replacement for Obamacare?' They will have zero answer."
– Newt Gingrich to Republican National Committee meeting
August 15, 2013"[We] have Muslim Brotherhood affiliated groups and individuals infiltrated into this current Obama administration. This is serious."
– former Rep. Allen West
August 14, 2013"Don't use the term the other side uses. Who does Barack Obama talk about all the time? The middle class. Since when in America do we have classes? Since when in America are people stuck in areas or defined places called a class? That's Marxism talk."
– Rick Santorum
August 13, 2013"I think that imposing fines on gays for homosexual propaganda among teenagers is not enough. They should be banned from donating blood, sperm. And their hearts, in case of the automobile accident, should be buried in the ground or burned as unsuitable for the continuation of life."
– Dmitri Kisilev, Deputy General Director of the Russian State Television and Broadcasting Company
August 12, 2013"Absolutely 100% all of it is fraud."
– Rep. Markwayne Mullin on food stamps
August 09, 2013"I'm sorta holding my nose for two years. What we're doing here is going to be a big benefit to Rand in '16."
– Sen. Mitch McConnell's re-election campaign manager Jesse Benton
August 08, 2013"It is not proven, it's not science. It's more of a religion than a science."
– Rep. Steve King, on climate change
August 07, 2013"He doesn't have a chin. Well he used to...but he suffers from what I like to call the-rump-of-corporate-elites-kiss-me-eitis...After years of kissing the corporate elites you just rub your chin right off."
– primary candidate Ed Marksberry on Sen. Mitch McConnell
August 06, 2013"There's something awesome about being held down and watching your family get raped on a beach."
– "Community" creator and reinstated showrunner Dan Harmon, on the sitcom's previous season
August 04, 2013"One small step for me, a giant leap for robots."
– Kirobo, thirteen-inch-tall talking humanoid robot launched by Japan, bound for the International Space Station