Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 12, 2012"I think many men are much more familiar with the failed policies than a lot of other people, as well as the general public."
– Herman Cain, on why more women than men support Obama
April 10, 2012"Inspired a whole new generation of conservative Republican leaders."
– Gov. Chris Christie on George W. Bush
April 10, 2012"The most important race in our country's history."
– Rick Santorum on the 2012 presidential contest
April 07, 2012"We have a president who I think is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps."
– Harvard graduate Mitt Romney
April 06, 2012"The Navy SEALs shot Osama bin Laden in Pakistan and [EPA Administrator] Lisa Jackson shot us in Washington."
– United Mine Workers president Cecil Roberts on proposed greenhouse gas emission limits
April 05, 2012"We've got to do something about these Asians coming in, opening up businesses -- those dirty shops. They ought to go. I'll just say that right now, you know. But we need African-American businesspeople to be able to take their places, too."
– two-term DC council member Marion Barry, in a primary night victory speech
April 04, 2012"I think it's seven or eight of the California system of universities don't even teach an American history course. It's not even available to be taught."
– Rick Santorum, trash-talking a state whose public higher education system includes ten UC campuses, 23 California State University campuses and 112 community colleges, all of which (except the UCSF Med Center) offer American history courses
April 03, 2012"Baltimore radio interviewer:"One of the things, Ann Romney, that folks talk about with your husband, Mitt Romney...Sometimes he comes off stiff..."Ann Romney:"Well, you know, I guess we better unzip him and let the real Mitt Romney out, because he's not!"
April 02, 2012"There is nothing wrong with asking the president of the United States for his birth certificate. I am tired of being called a racist."
– Missouri state Rep. Wanda Brown, defending bill which would require birth certificates to appear on the ballot for presidential and vice-presidential candidates
March 29, 2012"You can not rehabilitate the hoodie."
– Geraldo Rivera