Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 02, 2017"I'm not allowed to promote anything I'm involved in. So I just want to have the legal disclosure; you've asked me the question, and I am not promoting any product. But you should send all your kids to 'Lego Batman.'"
– Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin speaking at a corporate event, promoting a project he is executive producer on
April 01, 2017"That was some weird s**t."
– George W. Bush, as he was leaving Trump's inauguration
March 30, 2017"When you are given immunity you have probably committed a crime."-- Michael Flynn, last September on Meet the Press"If you're not guilty of something, what do you need immunity for, right?-- Trump, at a rally last year"
March 30, 2017"The president made women's empowerment a priority throughout the campaign."
– WH press secretary Sean Spicer
March 29, 2017"I know we're going to make a deal on health care. That's such an easy one."
– Trump, speaking to bipartisan group of senators and spouses at White House reception last night
March 28, 2017"Regarding the question as to climate change, I think the President was fairly straightforward: We're not spending money on that any more. We consider that to be a waste of your money."
– Mick Mulvaney, director of the Office of Management and Budget
March 27, 2017"I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana, so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that's only slightly less awful."
– Attorney General Jeff Sessions
March 26, 2017"He's got perfect genes. He has incredible energy, okay? And he's unbelievably healthy."
– Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin on Trump
March 25, 2017"The president clings to his assertion like a drunk to an empty gin bottle."
– Wall Street Journal on wiretap claim
March 24, 2017"Go with our plan. It's going to be terrific."