Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 21, 2013"Who wouldn't use torture on this punk to save more lives?"
– NY state Sen. Greg Ball, on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
April 20, 2013"The global warming scientists are just Democrats, folks. They're all part of an agenda."
– Rush Limbaugh
April 19, 2013"Guns, gays and immigration -- it's too much. I can be with you on one or two of them, but not all three."
– an unnamed senator who voted against the gun control bill, to the White House
April 18, 2013"We should declare that he who is not with us is against us. We must secure Afghanistan."
– British Ambassador John MacNeill, 1839, prior to Britain's first disastrous occupation of Afghanistan
April 17, 2013"Some of the speculation that has come out is that yes, it was a foreign national and, speculating here, that it was potentially a person on a student visa. If that's the case, then we need to take a look at the big picture."
– Rep. Steve King, opponent of immigration reform, on the Boston bombings
April 16, 2013"I'm comfortable with what I did."-- George W. Bush, on the Iraq War, April 14, 2013"He's been pretty immune to what people say."-- Jim Francis, Bush fundraiser"His conscience is clear."-- Joe O'Neill, Bush childhood friend"
April 15, 2013"Our campaign bumper sticker: If babies had guns, they wouldn't be aborted."
– Rep. Steve Stockman
April 12, 2013"A bio-psychological weapon."
– People's Liberation Army Col. Dai Xu, blaming the U.S. for a new avian flu outbreak in China
April 11, 2013"He passed somebody on a trail and just exchanged a common greeting of hello and that was the only conversation or human contact he's had since he went into the woods in 1986."
– Maine state trooper Diane Vance, after questioning of legendary "North Pond Hermit" Christopher Knight, arrested at his remote camp for stealing food and supplies
April 10, 2013"I think it's so unfair of the administration to hurt these families, to make them think this has something to do with them when, in fact, it doesn't...They'd been told that by the president."
– Sen. James Inhofe, on gun control debate and the families of Newtown victims