Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 17, 2014"Suppose the pay gap between men and women were magically eliminated. If that happened, simple arithmetic suggests that half of women would be unable to find what they regard as a suitable mate."
– Phyllis Schlafly
April 16, 2014"Absolutely, the whole world would...Hitler would have created a paradise on Earth, particularly for white people. But he would have been fair to other people as well."
– Frazier Glenn Miller, suspected of killing three people at a Jewish community center and a Jewish retirement center on Sunday, when asked during his 2010 U.S. Senate campaign if the country would be better off if Hitler had succeeded
April 15, 2014"If you have a Boehner lasting more than 23 years, seek immediate medical attention."
– "Electile Dysfunction" ad by primary challenger J.D. Winteregg
April 14, 2014"In making a decision to buy a car, I put research in there to find out what to do."
– MO state Rep. Chuck Gatschenberger, defending a bill that requires ultrasound for a woman seeking an abortion
April 10, 2014"CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America."
– Rush Limbaugh, on Stephen Colbert replacing David Letterman as host of "The Late Show"
April 10, 2014"Some people called it torture. It wasn't torture."-- Dick Cheney"If he doesn't think that was torture, I would invite him anywhere in the United States to sit in a waterboard and go through what those people went through, one of them a-hundred-and-plus-odd times."-- Sen. Angus King on Cheney"
April 09, 2014"I go about my business each day trying to avoid having to think about it."
– FL Gov. Jeb Bush, on the idea of running for president
April 07, 2014"The Founding Fathers were all many of them very involved in this and always have been."
– Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Matt Bevin, on cockfighting and dogfighting
April 07, 2014"“I've been short all my life. And if anyone wonders what my dying wish will be, they can stop wondering. That will be easy. I'll just tell them, ‘I’ll have a short bier.’”"
– Mickey Rooney
April 04, 2014"I'm not kidding you, you put him on a balcony in a military uniform, this guy is a full-fledged dictator...He's a sociopath!"
– Glenn Beck on President Obama