Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
June 17, 2014"Whether or not you feel compelled to follow a particular lifestyle or not, you have the ability to decide not to do that. I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."
– Texas Gov. Rick Perry
June 16, 2014"As time passes, it'll be like the Hollywood sign...I have the hottest brand in the world right now, and there are those who are saying I'm doing Chicago a favor."
– Donald Trump on the controversial 20-foot-high 'Trump' on his new skyscraper
June 13, 2014"I don't have a well-crafted response on that one."
– Professor of Economics and GOP Congressional candidate David Brat, when asked if he favored raising the minimum wage
June 12, 2014"It's been doing that for centuries. It gets hot, it gets cold...Why did the dinosaurs go extinct? Were there men that were causing -- were there cars running around at that point, that were causing global warming? No."
– Rep. Jeff Miller on climate change
June 11, 2014"Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong."
– Indian politician Babulai Gaur, on rape
June 10, 2014"It's better not to argue with women."
– Vladimir Putin
June 08, 2014"We can neither confirm nor deny that this is our first tweet."
– Twitter post by the CIA
June 06, 2014"I became convinced that I had died and no one was telling me."
– Maureen Dowd, after ignoring cautions to not eat too much magic candy
June 05, 2014"He says he was growing his beard because his son was in captivity. Well, your son's out now. So if you really didn't want to look like a member of the Taliban, you don't have to look like a member of the Taliban. Are you out of razors?"
– Fox News host Brian Kilmeade on Bob Bergdahl, father of released POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
June 03, 2014"No matter what society does, there will always be mass murder -- always."
– Bill O'Reilly