Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 17, 2012"Best equipped to defeat Barack Obama."
– Jon Huntsman, on Mitt Romney, Monday"Completely unelectable."
– Jon Huntsman, on Mitt Romney, last week
January 16, 2012"We actually think work is good."
– Newt Gingrich on difference between Obama and GOP candidates
January 14, 2012"I'm very happy in my former life; we helped create over 100,000 new jobs."
– Mitt Romney, several weeks ago"We started a number of businesses, invested in many others, and that over all created tens of thousands of jobs."
– Romney, several days ago"Helped create and ran a company that invested in struggling businesses, grew new ones, and rebuilt old ones, creating thousands of jobs. Those are the facts."
– new Romney ad
January 13, 2012"There will be only one insurance provider, and you won't be able to switch, even if the service is lousy (and it will be). Obamacare employees will spend their days surfing pornography, instead of approving your heart operation. They can steal from you and even physically assault you. And they can never be fired."
– Ann Coulter
January 12, 2012"I believe if we had a Republican House, Republican Senate and a Gingrich presidency, we'd get amazing things done...We can create a majority that will shock the country."
– Newt Gingrich
January 10, 2012"This is the kind of, the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up, America. Defend your own freedoms."
– Rick Santorum, on President Obama's (alleged) suggestion that all kids should go to college
January 10, 2012"With regards to their ads, I haven't seen them."
– Mitt Romney on super PAC anti-Gingrich ads"The ad I saw said that you'd been forced out of the speakership. That was correct."
– Romney, moments later
January 09, 2012"We're going to see Iran move back in at literally the speed of light."
– Rick Perry on Iraq
January 07, 2012"Middle class? There are no classes in America. We don't put people in classes."
– Rick Santorum
January 06, 2012"It's probably that I'm too reasonable. And I should've responded to the negative ads sooner."
– Newt Gingrich, asked what his greatest weakness is