Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 12, 2012"I believe if we had a Republican House, Republican Senate and a Gingrich presidency, we'd get amazing things done...We can create a majority that will shock the country."
– Newt Gingrich
January 10, 2012"This is the kind of, the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up, America. Defend your own freedoms."
– Rick Santorum, on President Obama's (alleged) suggestion that all kids should go to college
January 10, 2012"With regards to their ads, I haven't seen them."
– Mitt Romney on super PAC anti-Gingrich ads"The ad I saw said that you'd been forced out of the speakership. That was correct."
– Romney, moments later
January 09, 2012"We're going to see Iran move back in at literally the speed of light."
– Rick Perry on Iraq
January 07, 2012"Middle class? There are no classes in America. We don't put people in classes."
– Rick Santorum
January 06, 2012"It's probably that I'm too reasonable. And I should've responded to the negative ads sooner."
– Newt Gingrich, asked what his greatest weakness is
January 05, 2012"I think Jefferson and George Washington would strongly discourage you from growing marijuana, and their tactics to stop you would be more violent than they would be today."
– Newt Gingrich, on two early American hemp-growers
January 03, 2012"I think Tuesday night people are going to see a miracle."
– Michele Bachmann
December 31, 2011"I can't do modern politics."
– Newt Gingrich
December 30, 2011"I want the full portrait of evolution and the people who came up with the ideas to be presented. It's a worldview and it's godless. Atheism has been tried in various societies, and they've been pretty criminal domestically and internationally. The Soviet Union, Cuba, the Nazis, China today: they don't respect human rights...Columbine, remember that? They were believers in evolution. That's evidence right there."
– NH state Rep. Jerry Bergevin, on his bill requiring schools to include evolution scientists' positions on atheism