Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
November 25, 2014"There's a chapter called 'Speak English.' Nobody else has the balls to have a chapter called that. I should have called it 'Speak F***in' English,' that's what I should have called it...If Siri can't understand you -- may I speak French? -- you're f***ed."
– Gene Simmons, on his new book about how to win in life and business
November 24, 2014"You just raped Bill Cosby."
– Glenn Beck on the Associated Press
November 21, 2014"The country's going to go nuts... You're going to see -- hopefully not, but you could see -- instances of anarchy... You could see violence."
– Sen. Tom Coburn on Obama taking executive action on immigration
November 20, 2014"I hope they don't think we're a rock and roll outfit."
– Mick Jagger, on the impending first live gig by his new r&b group The Rolling Stones
November 19, 2014"I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors -- probably harmless."
– prominent GOP activist Rusty DePass, on report that a gorilla had escaped from a Columbia, South Carolina zoo
November 18, 2014"The demonization of carbon dioxide is just like the demonization of the poor Jews under Hitler. Carbon dioxide is actually a benefit to the world, and so were the Jews."
– William Harper, Princeton Professor of Physics, Emeritus, on climate change
November 17, 2014"Contacts between Latin America and Islam date back to the 12th century. Muslims discovered America in 1178, not Christopher Columbus."
– Recep Tayyip Ertogan, President of Turkey
November 14, 2014"Ted Cruz Saves America"
– title of a new kids' coloring book, whose publisher claims "Millions of citizens believe Obama Care is worse than any war"
November 12, 2014"I am a United States Army general, and I lost the Global War on Terrorism. It's like Alcoholics Anonymous; step one is admitting you have a problem. Well, I have a problem. So do my peers. And thanks to our problem, now all of America has a problem, to wit: two lost campaigns and a war gone awry."
– Daniel P. Bolger in his book Why We Lost
November 11, 2014"Obamacare for the internet."
– Sen. Ted Cruz on net neutrality