Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 06, 2014"This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again."
– Alec Baldwin in New York Magazine
March 05, 2014"Democrats see women as nothing but walking vaginas looking to have sex every chance they get, and then they go get an abortion whenever they need one or they gotta give 'em birth control pills or whatever. If you listen to your average liberal Democrat talk about women, that's it."
– Rush Limbaugh
March 04, 2014"I mostly write in the car, in the parking lot at my kids' school."
– John Ridley, Academy Award winner for "12 Years A Slave" screenplay
March 02, 2014"I feel like 'embattled' or 'disgraced' will always follow my name. It's like that black football player who recently came out."
– Paula Deen
February 27, 2014"What's the difference between Hillary Clinton and a catfish. One has whiskers and stinks, and the other is a fish."-- private-equity executive Paul Queally at the Wall Street secret society Kappa Beta Phi annual dinner"What's the biggest difference between Barney Frank and a Fenway frank? Barney Frank comes in different-size buns."-- Paul Queally"In Wall Street land we'll take our stand, said Morgan and Goldman. But first we better get some loans, so quick, get to the Fed, man."-- investment banker Warren Stephens, while wearing a Confederate cap, to the tune of "Dixie""Can you fuckin' believe Lasry up there? He just gave me a ride in his jet a month ago."-- Fortress Investment Group founder Michael Novogratz, at the same dinner"I believe that God has a plan for all of us. I believe my plan involves a seven-figure bonus."-- new society members, singing to the tune of "I Believe""What happens at the St. Regis stays at the St. Regis."-- Kappa Beta Phi motto"
February 26, 2014"I don't expect to be in the room or will I do anything to prevent you from obtaining a contraceptive. However, once a child does exist in your womb, I'm not going to assume a right to kill it just because the child's host (some refer to them as mothers) doesn't want it."
– VA state Sen. Steve Martin, in response to a Valentine's Day card asking him to protect women's reproductive health options including contraception and safe, legal abortion
February 25, 2014"It will know you better than your intimate partner does. Better, perhaps, than even yourself."
– Ray Kurzweil on the future of Google, where he serves as director of engineering
February 24, 2014"How many people can pray that that's how they wanted to die, and got exactly what they pray for? Not many."
– Cody Coots, on his father, Pastor James Coots, who was killed by a snake he was handling
February 22, 2014"A Chicago communist-raised, communist-educated, communist-nurtured subhuman mongrel..."
– Ted Nugent on President Obama
February 21, 2014"This invalid has brought shame upon us."
– Russian political leader Vladimir Zhirinovsky on four-time medalist Evgeni Plushenko, who withdrew from skating competition after re-injuring his back during warmups