Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
June 05, 2012"It makes absolutely no sense. [It] is anything but socialist. It's bailing out for-profit companies."
– Greg Pason, Socialist Party USA national secretary, on Obama's health care overhaul
June 01, 2012"The most overrated political commentator of all time. Strictly third rate."-- Donald Trump, on George Will, 2012"This guy is totally overrated. A third-rate talent."-- Donald Trump, on Garry Trudeau, 1988"
May 30, 2012"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Kurt Anderson"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Rosie O'Donnell"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on David Letterman"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Les Moonves"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Karl Rove"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Ari Fleischer"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Sascha Baron Cohen"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Gov. Ed Rendell"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Seth Myers"Third-rate." -- Donald Trump, on Gloria Allred"
May 29, 2012"A bunch of lying scum."
– Fox News president Roger Ailes on New York Times reporters
May 23, 2012"Come on, Mitt, think."
– Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, on Romney's assertion that Russia is the U.S.'s number one geopolitical foe
May 22, 2012"He was a happy-go-lucky guy. He was a leader of the prankster group. So what?... I think in terms of politics, if this is the worst thing that the American people find out about Mitt Romney in the next five months, he is going to be a very happy man."
– WSJ opinion page editor Paul Gigot
May 21, 2012"President Obama tucked away the Clinton doctrine [of no more big government] in his large drawer of discarded ideas, along with transparency and birpartisanship. It's enough to make you wonder if maybe it was a personal beef with the Clintons. Probably, it runs much deeper than that."
– Mitt Romney
May 18, 2012"I'm not familiar, precisely, with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was."
– Mitt Romney, standing by his earlier comment that Obama wanted to make America "a less Christian nation"
May 17, 2012"The long term goal of the homosexual movement is to get every little boy to grab his ankles and every little girl to give it a try. They will not rest until every one of our children at least gets to try, has the opportunity and maybe is forced to at least once experience homosexual acts."
– Paul Cameron, of the Family Research Institute, also stating that Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage "lends some credence" to claims that the president is gay
May 16, 2012"We shall not have any course but armed revolution should we fail with the power of the vote in November. This Republic cannot survive for 4 more years underneath this political socialist ideologue."
– Ponch McPhee, editor of the Green County, Virginia, Republican Committee newsletter