Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
October 24, 2014"Before Obamacare, there had never been a confirmed case of Ebola in the U.S."
– Nick Muzin, Deputy Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor for Sen. Ted Cruz
October 23, 2014"Whatever story, whatever angle, whatever story is out there, there's always some sort of supposed media-bias angle to it. And I'm like, 'Aren't they the No. 1 news media outlet on cable?'"
– "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd on Fox News
October 22, 2014"I have to tell you the truth. I'm tired of hearing about the minimum wage. I really am."
– NJ Gov. Chris Christie
October 20, 2014"His affinities, his affiliations are with them. Not us. That's what people seem unwilling to accept. He's their leader...We don't have a president."
– Fox News commentator Keith Ablow on why Obama won't ban flights from Africa
October 17, 2014"Is apparently the new commander of the Democrats' war on women nurses. Because, goodnight, they set them up, and then they throw them under the bus."
– Rep. Louie Gohmert on CDC head Thomas Frieden
October 16, 2014"Abortion can be accessed by driving approximately 230-250 miles -- an inconvenience, but still a manageable one."
– Texas AG and GOP gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott, on the law shutting down 80% of his state's abortion clinics
October 15, 2014"I have a question for all my friends who have served or are currently seving in our military...I cannot and do not understand why no action is being taken against our domestic enemy. I know he is supposedly the commander in chief, but the constitution gives you the authority. What am I missing?"
– Missouri county recorder Debbie Dunnegan Waters, posting on Facebook
October 14, 2014"Let's be honest. Does anyone not believe that Congresswoman Annie Kuster is ugly as sin? And I hope I haven't offended sin. If looks really matter and if this race is at all close, give a decided edge to Marlinda Garcia...Sad to say, but the drag queens are more attractive than Annie Kuster."
– NH state Rep. Steve Vaillancourt, on U.S. Rep. Ann Kuster's re-election campaign
October 13, 2014"Obama doesn't want America to believe that we're exceptional. He wants us to be just like everybody else, and if Africa is suffering from Ebola, we ought to join the group and be suffering from it, too. That's his attitude."
– Phyllis Schlafly
October 10, 2014"It's not really about asking for a raise, but knowing and having faith that the system will give you the right raise. That might be one of the initial 'super powers' that, quite frankly, women [who] don't ask for a raise have. It's good karma. It will come back."
– Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, offering advice for women who are uncomfortable requesting a pay increase