Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
July 08, 2014"President George W. Bush led our nation through some of the most challenging moments of our nation's history -- and we miss him and his leadership."
– GOP.com sales pitch for the "I Miss W" t-shirt
July 07, 2014"I don't want to get into the debate about climate change, but I will simply point out that I think in academia we all agree that the temperature on Mars is exactly as it is here. Nobody will dispute that. Yet there are no coal mines on Mars. There are no factories on Mars that I'm aware of."
– Kentucky state Sen. Brandon Smith
July 04, 2014"It is a greater thing to be a good citizen than to be a good Republican or a good Democrat."
– Gifford Pinchot
July 03, 2014"I call them 'The Beyonce Voters'...They depend on government because they're not depending on their husbands. They need things like contraception, health care, and they love to talk about equal pay."
– Fox's Jesse Watters on single women
July 02, 2014"The greatest deception in the history of mankind."
– LA state Rep. Lenar Whitney on the idea of man-made climate change
July 01, 2014"It is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a lookalike. Lucas' look-alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011. I will NEVER use Artificial Intelligence look-alike to voice what the Representative's Office is doing nor own a robot look-alike."
– Tea Party challenger Timothy Ray Murray, who received 3,442 votes in an Oklahoma primary race last Tuesday
June 28, 2014"I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer."
– Ann Coulter
June 27, 2014"Most people think Islam is a religion, it's not...It's a complete geopolitical structure and, as such, does not deserve First Amendment protection."
– Georgia congressional candidate Jody Hice
June 26, 2014"She'd probably get shot at the state line."
– Arkansas GOP district chairman Johnny Rhoda, on how Hillary Clinton would be received if she ran for president in 2016
June 25, 2014"I don't think it's divided at all."
– RNC chairman Reince Priebus on GOP