Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
July 02, 2014"The greatest deception in the history of mankind."
– LA state Rep. Lenar Whitney on the idea of man-made climate change
July 01, 2014"It is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a lookalike. Lucas' look-alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011. I will NEVER use Artificial Intelligence look-alike to voice what the Representative's Office is doing nor own a robot look-alike."
– Tea Party challenger Timothy Ray Murray, who received 3,442 votes in an Oklahoma primary race last Tuesday
June 28, 2014"I promise you: No American whose great-grandfather was born here is watching soccer."
– Ann Coulter
June 27, 2014"Most people think Islam is a religion, it's not...It's a complete geopolitical structure and, as such, does not deserve First Amendment protection."
– Georgia congressional candidate Jody Hice
June 26, 2014"She'd probably get shot at the state line."
– Arkansas GOP district chairman Johnny Rhoda, on how Hillary Clinton would be received if she ran for president in 2016
June 25, 2014"I don't think it's divided at all."
– RNC chairman Reince Priebus on GOP
June 24, 2014"You can't effect change from inside the White House...You gotta have the money."
– Kanye West on Obama
June 23, 2014"I want to be remembered as one of the great CEOs of our time and of my generation."
– American Apparel founder Dov Charney, recently fired by the company for his "conduct with women"
June 20, 2014"A Kim Jong POTUS."
– Rep. Steve King on Obama
June 19, 2014"When George Bush realized his strategy in Iraq was failing, he said, 'I got it wrong.'"
– Former Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz, on CNN