Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
October 26, 2011"Black Flower in the White House."
– song about Condoleezza Rice, played for her by Moammar Gaddafi during a 2008 meeting
October 25, 2011"It's a good issue to keep alive. It's fun to poke at him."
– Rick Perry on Obama birth certificate
October 25, 2011"Disrespected around the world because of what President Obama has done."
– Michele Bachmann on the U.S.
October 24, 2011"From Parade Magazine interview with Rick Perry: You've seen [Barack Obama's birth certificate]. I don't know. Have I? You don't believe what's been released? I don't know. I had dinner with Donald Trump the other night. And? That came up."
October 21, 2011"Muammer Qaddafi, the dictator of Libya, declared that 'we'd be content and happy if Obama can stay president forever.' Such lavish praise...tells you much of what [Obama's] approach to foreign policy is and the audience to which he is playing."
– Mitt Romney, in his 2010 book No Apology
October 20, 2011"I am the most different candidate from Barack Obama than anyone on this stage."
– Michele Bachmann
October 19, 2011"He put us in Libya. He is now putting us in Africa."
– Michele Bachmann on Obama
October 18, 2011"When you take [Herman Cain's] 999 plan and you turn it upside down? I think the devil's in the details."
– Michele Bachmann
October 16, 2011"Ultimately, it will grow so that it will bring down the capitalist system and the West."
– Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Occupy Wall Street
October 13, 2011"There shouldn't be anything controversial about a .45 caliber bullet. If it were up to me we would just throw them off the Sunshine Skyway bridge and be done with it."
– FL state Rep. Brad Drake on his bill to eliminate lethal injection in favor of electrocution and firing squads