Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 22, 2013"My interest is to hit Saddam."-- Donald Rumsfeld, at a White House meeting five hours after the 9/11 attacks"I didn't advocate invasion. I wasn't asked."-- Donald Rumsfeld, November 20, 2005"
March 21, 2013"Kick ass! If somebody tries to stop the march to democracy, we will seek them out and kill them! Our will is being tested, but we are resolute. We have a better way. Stay strong! Stay the course! Kill them! Be confident! We are going to wipe them out! We are not blinking!"
– George W. Bush, during a White House videoconference call, April 6, 2004
March 20, 2013"Do you want to know what the foreign policy of Iraq is to the United States? (Gives the finger.) F*** the United States! That's what it is -- and that's why we're going to get him."
– George W. Bush, at a Congressional breakfast, September 2002
March 19, 2013"F*** Saddam. We're taking him out."
– George W. Bush, March 2002, a year before invasion
March 18, 2013"If they disarm."
– Fox's Roger Ailes, on the condition by which he would donate to Muslim charities
March 15, 2013"When I heard that we were first going to Iraq, some very smart people told me 'We're actually going for the oil,' and I said, 'Alright, I get that. There's nothing else. I get it.' We didn't take the oil...We should take it and pay ourselves back."
– Donald Trump
March 13, 2013"I don't think there is any Bush baggage at all."
– Jeb Bush, on running for president
March 10, 2013"Now that the US is set to light a fuse for a nuclear war, [our] revolutionary armed forces...will exercise the right to a pre-emptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors."
– North Korean government statement in response to new UN sanctions
March 08, 2013"It's classic. Somebody proposes this thing, under the guise that women are being beat to a pulp in this country because of the Republican War on Women. Women are being beat up, they're being mistreated all over the place. So we need a federal law saying you can't do it anymore. So now the Democrats get all of this credit for being compassionate, tolerant, understanding, protective of women."
– Rush Limbaugh, on the recent re-authorization of the 1994 Violence Against Women Act
March 07, 2013"Go run on Dunkin'!"
– Connecticut Dunkin' Donuts employee to fleeing roiled robber, after throwing hot coffee in his face