Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
June 05, 2014"He says he was growing his beard because his son was in captivity. Well, your son's out now. So if you really didn't want to look like a member of the Taliban, you don't have to look like a member of the Taliban. Are you out of razors?"
– Fox News host Brian Kilmeade on Bob Bergdahl, father of released POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
June 03, 2014"No matter what society does, there will always be mass murder -- always."
– Bill O'Reilly
June 02, 2014"The National Weather Service says a swarm of grasshoppers was detected over Albuquerque's West Mesa for the fourth night in a row on Friday."
– -- from AP story
May 30, 2014"We kill people based on metadata."
– Gen. Michael Hayden, former NSA and CIA director
May 29, 2014"Your dead kids don't trump my constitutional rights."
– Joe "The Plumber" Werzelbacher, in an open letter to the parents of those killed by Elliot Rodger, referred to as "this sad and insane individual. I almost said 'Obama voter,' but I'm waiting for it to be official."
May 27, 2014"I'd rather slam my hand in a car door."
– Christine O'Donnell, on the idea of running for the U.S. Senate again
May 27, 2014"The most remarkable people of our time."
– Kanye West on his in-laws, the Kardashians
May 26, 2014"Rednecks and hippies who had thought they were natural enemies began mixing at the Armadillo without too much bloodshed. They discovered they both liked good music. Pretty soon you saw a longhair cowboy wearing hippie beads and a bronc rider's belt buckle, and you were seeing a new type of person. Being a natural leader, I saw which direction this movement was going, and threw myself in front of it."
– Willie Nelson
May 23, 2014"Given the month that she just had, I actually doubt very much whether she will run for president in 2016."
– RNC chairman Reince Priebus on HRC
May 22, 2014"Are women themselves being taught to believe they were raped?...Yes...For every legitimate, actual rape claim there may be another that was not; a girl who cried rape."
– A.J. Delgado in the National Review