Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 15, 2014"The hard left, human-hating people that run modern universities...should all be taken out and shot."
– Austin Ruse of the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute
March 14, 2014"Very much like Nazi Germany...We now live in a society where people are afraid to say what they actually believe."
– Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient and Fox News contributor Dr. Ben Carson, on America
March 13, 2014"I think the thing that is getting a little tiresome -- the gay community, they have so bullied the American people, and they've so intimidated politicians. The politicians fear them, so that they think they get to dictate the agenda everywhere."
– Rep. Michele Bachmann
March 12, 2014"For an adult at a normal body mass index, or BMI, eating [the recommended] 5% [of total daily calories] would be around 25 grams of sugar -- or six teaspoons. That's less than is typically found in a single can of regular soda, which contains about 40 grams of sugar...The average American now consumes about three pounds [1360 grams] of sugar each week."
– from CNN story on World Health Organization's draft guidelines on sugar consumption
March 11, 2014"Treating our Constitution worse than a placemat at Denny's."
– Sen. Mitch McConnell on President Obama
March 09, 2014"Obama has released the homo demons on the black man. Look out black woman. A white homo may take your man."
– sign posted by ATLAH Worldwide Missionary Church in Harlem
March 07, 2014"I made a small investment in Bitcoin and it is actually enough that I could now retire if I wanted to. Overall, I've made about $800 per penny I've invested. It's insane."
– Gavin Andresen, Bitcoin's chief scientist
March 06, 2014"This is the last time I'm going to talk about my personal life in an American publication ever again."
– Alec Baldwin in New York Magazine
March 05, 2014"Democrats see women as nothing but walking vaginas looking to have sex every chance they get, and then they go get an abortion whenever they need one or they gotta give 'em birth control pills or whatever. If you listen to your average liberal Democrat talk about women, that's it."
– Rush Limbaugh
March 04, 2014"I mostly write in the car, in the parking lot at my kids' school."
– John Ridley, Academy Award winner for "12 Years A Slave" screenplay