Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
May 18, 2016"It's the biggest thing happening in politics. All over the world, they're talking about it."
– Donald Trump, on his campaign bringing new voters into the GOP
May 17, 2016"For seven and a half years, this animal we call president -- because he is an animal, okay? -- has surgically and with thought and very smart, intelligent manner, destroyed this country and dismantled the military..."
– Carlos Beruff, FL candidate for the U.S. Senate
May 16, 2016"I think people just don't care."
– RNC chair Reince Priebus on Trump and women
May 14, 2016"40"
– number of states in which menstrual products are taxed as nonessential goods, according to the latest Harper's Index
May 13, 2016"For Paul Ryan, Trump is like bad chili."
– Dan Rather
May 12, 2016"We will be the smart country from now on, not the dummies, okay? Not the dummies, because this is a movement going on."
– Donald Trump
May 11, 2016"Changing America's ethnicity changes the idea of America."
– Ann Coulter
May 10, 2016"Well this is a nice way to start off the interview. First of all, you should congratulate me for having won the race...You're starting off with a question."
– Donald Trump to CNN interviewer Chris Cuomo, when asked about his recent criticisms of Hillary Clinton
May 09, 2016"His political career is over, but for a miracle, because he has so disrespected the will of the people...As the leader of the GOP, the convention, certainly he is to remain neutral, and for him to already come out and say who he will not support is not a wise decision of his."
– Sarah Palin on House Speaker Paul Ryan
May 07, 2016"I'm not there right now. And I hope to, though, and I want to."
– House Speaker Paul Ryan, on endorsing Trump