Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
August 14, 2011"I'm doing this because they call us criminals."
– London looter to photographer
August 12, 2011"I'm not going to eat Barack Obama's dogfood."
– Mitt Romney
August 11, 2011"[Texas Governor Rick Perry] is a charismatic figure. I think about him on stage with the other candidates and he'll stand out. He's not a wallflower. But the most interesting question for me is whether the country is ready for somebody who looks and sounds like George W. Bush on steroids."
– Dr. Richard Land, former president of the Southern Baptist Convention
August 10, 2011"I walk through the hotel and I walk down the street, and people look at me like I'm f**king insane, like I'm Hitler. One day the light will shine through and one day people will understand everything I ever did."
– Kanye West
August 09, 2011"Hard to follow sometimes."
– Fox News host Gretchen Carlson on Spongebob Squarepants
August 07, 2011"We're on the fringe right now. We can barely defend ourselves."
– Rep. Bobby Schilling, member of the Armed Services Committee, on the U.S. military
August 04, 2011"If you want a bad job, go to Texas. If you want to work at Carl's Jr., our doors are open, and if you want to go to a crumbling school in a failing system, this is the place to come."
– Texas Rep. Garnet Coleman
July 31, 2011"This guy isn't a serious Christian. He's a devoted New York Times reader, and he's an extremely well-read guy."
– Mark Steyn on Anders Breivik
July 29, 2011"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone."
– Danish computer scientist Bjarne Stroustrup
July 26, 2011"I told him I'd be willing to sit down and talk about our differences and just try to provide for the people, but they didn't want that. They wanted me to convert to Islam and fight for them."
– U.S. Army 1st Lt. Benjamin Amsler, on a cell phone call he received from a Taliban commander