Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 01, 2012"Sixty-two percent of kids who enter college with some sort of faith commitment leave without it."
– Rick Santorum"Sixty-four percent of those currently enrolled in a traditional four-year institution have curbed their attendance habits. Yet, 76 percent of those who never enrolled in college report a decline in religious service attendance."
– 2007 Social Forces study"A quarter of students (25%) say they have become more spiritual since entering college, as opposed to only seven percent (7%) who say they have become less spiritual."
– 2006 Harvard study
February 29, 2012"Maybe I should do all the talking and let him just stand there and watch me."
– Ann Romney on husband Mitt
February 27, 2012"There are some problems where you have to say, 'You know, you are going to have to figure out how to live your own miserable life because you clearly don't want to learn from me how to be unmiserable.'"
– Newt Gingrich on Afghanistan
February 27, 2012"Oh, I understand why he wants you to go to college. He wants to remake you in his image."
– Rick Santorum on Preisdent Obama
February 25, 2012"It's completely a spiritual thing. This is God's will...A mission to make the culture a better culture, more pleasing to God."
– Karen Santorum on her husband pursuing the presidency
February 24, 2012"Iran deserves to be annihilated."
– Tucker Carlson
February 23, 2012"Western civilization is in its Indian Summer. It is on, in my judgment, pretty much its last legs, and I'm not sure it will survive this century."
– Pat Buchanan
February 22, 2012"The fact that the Honorary President of Girl Scouts of America is Michelle Obama, and the Obamas are radically pro-abortion and vigorously support the agenda of Planned Parenthood, should give each of us reason to pause before our individual or collective endorsement of the organization."
– Indiana state Rep. Bob Morris, declining to sign a resolution honoring the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts
February 21, 2012"You always accuse the other guy of what you've done yourself."
– Mitt Romney on the nature of politics
February 17, 2012"I think that could be a very compromising situation, where people naturally may do things that may not be in the interest of the mission because of other types of emotions that are involved. It already happens of course with the camaraderie of men in combat, but I think it would be even more unique if women were in combat, and I think that's probably not in the best interests of men, women, or the mission."
– Rick Santorum on women in combat