Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
November 14, 2014"Ted Cruz Saves America"
– title of a new kids' coloring book, whose publisher claims "Millions of citizens believe Obama Care is worse than any war"
November 12, 2014"I am a United States Army general, and I lost the Global War on Terrorism. It's like Alcoholics Anonymous; step one is admitting you have a problem. Well, I have a problem. So do my peers. And thanks to our problem, now all of America has a problem, to wit: two lost campaigns and a war gone awry."
– Daniel P. Bolger in his book Why We Lost
November 11, 2014"Obamacare for the internet."
– Sen. Ted Cruz on net neutrality
November 09, 2014"The world is on the brink of a new Cold War. Some are even saying that it's already begun... To put it metaphorically, a blister has now turned into a bloody, festering wound."
– former Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev
November 08, 2014"We have to have discussions, and we haven't seen that in years now."
– GOP Senator-elect Joni Ernst, on what comes next
November 07, 2014"It would make Obama cry."
– robocall to Kansas voters on why they should vote for Pat Roberts
November 06, 2014"Despite your view -- and policies -- that government must lord over women, in keeping with radical liberalism, you have to fake support for our equal rights; so you do it in a militant sort of way to compensate for your confusion. On pretending to know what's best for us you've got nothing but a silent scream demanding, 'Hear me roar!'"
– Sarah Palin on President Obama
November 05, 2014"The Republicans, of course, have turned against Obama, and the Democrats have also turned against Obama...Gas under $3 a gallon. Unemployment under 6% -- whoever thought? Stock market breaking records every day. No wonder the guy is so unpopular."
– David Letterman
November 03, 2014"Get out and vote. If it's the day to go vote, make sure you go vote before you burn one down. Don't get high and forget to vote."
– Willie Nelson
November 03, 2014"Most of it was just men being polite. You see a pretty woman; you react to it."
– Rush Limbaugh, on viral video of woman receiving 100 catcalls while walking through NYC for a day