Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
April 17, 2013"Some of the speculation that has come out is that yes, it was a foreign national and, speculating here, that it was potentially a person on a student visa. If that's the case, then we need to take a look at the big picture."
– Rep. Steve King, opponent of immigration reform, on the Boston bombings
April 16, 2013"I'm comfortable with what I did."-- George W. Bush, on the Iraq War, April 14, 2013"He's been pretty immune to what people say."-- Jim Francis, Bush fundraiser"His conscience is clear."-- Joe O'Neill, Bush childhood friend"
April 15, 2013"Our campaign bumper sticker: If babies had guns, they wouldn't be aborted."
– Rep. Steve Stockman
April 12, 2013"A bio-psychological weapon."
– People's Liberation Army Col. Dai Xu, blaming the U.S. for a new avian flu outbreak in China
April 11, 2013"He passed somebody on a trail and just exchanged a common greeting of hello and that was the only conversation or human contact he's had since he went into the woods in 1986."
– Maine state trooper Diane Vance, after questioning of legendary "North Pond Hermit" Christopher Knight, arrested at his remote camp for stealing food and supplies
April 10, 2013"I think it's so unfair of the administration to hurt these families, to make them think this has something to do with them when, in fact, it doesn't...They'd been told that by the president."
– Sen. James Inhofe, on gun control debate and the families of Newtown victims
April 07, 2013"I'm at 23 feet, diving into 17 feet of water. I'm over 400 pounds. Who doesn't want to see that? I do."
– Louie Anderson, on appearing in the reality show "Splash"
April 05, 2013"There is...a very slippery slope leading to other alternative relationships and the unconstitutionality of any law based on morality. Think about polygamy, bestiality, and perhaps even murder."
– Michael Reagan, on same-sex marriage
April 03, 2013"Economically, what has happened to Texas over the course of the last decade has made this city an epicenter for a lot of technology, a lot of economic development. And I think the individuals in North Korea understand that Austin, Texas, is now a very important city in America, as do corporate CEOs and other people who are moving here in record numbers."
– Texas Gov. Rick Perry, on the city appearing on Kim Jong-un's "U.S. Mainland Strike Plan"
April 02, 2013"Now is the time to furlough the consultants."-- Sarah Palin, in a new fundraising video for her PAC$4.8 million-- amount spent by Palin's PAC on political consultants in last election cycle"