Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
October 21, 2011"Muammer Qaddafi, the dictator of Libya, declared that 'we'd be content and happy if Obama can stay president forever.' Such lavish praise...tells you much of what [Obama's] approach to foreign policy is and the audience to which he is playing."
– Mitt Romney, in his 2010 book No Apology
October 20, 2011"I am the most different candidate from Barack Obama than anyone on this stage."
– Michele Bachmann
October 19, 2011"He put us in Libya. He is now putting us in Africa."
– Michele Bachmann on Obama
October 18, 2011"When you take [Herman Cain's] 999 plan and you turn it upside down? I think the devil's in the details."
– Michele Bachmann
October 16, 2011"Ultimately, it will grow so that it will bring down the capitalist system and the West."
– Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Occupy Wall Street
October 13, 2011"There shouldn't be anything controversial about a .45 caliber bullet. If it were up to me we would just throw them off the Sunshine Skyway bridge and be done with it."
– FL state Rep. Brad Drake on his bill to eliminate lethal injection in favor of electrocution and firing squads
October 12, 2011"If you want to put people in jail, you ought to start with Barney Frank and Chris Dodd."
– Newt Gingrich, during Tuesday's GOP debate
October 11, 2011"Mitt Romney is like someone you hook up with periodically until you get serious and you want to meet somebody serious. He is friends with benefits. And Perry is marriage material."
– Fox News host Greg Gutfeld
October 10, 2011"They will come for you and drag you into the streets and kill you...These guys are worse than Robespierre from the French Revolution...They'll kill everybody."
– Glenn Beck on Occupy Wall Street
October 08, 2011"The protesters are protesting against people who make $40,000 - $50,000 a year and are struggling to make ends meet. That's the bottom line."
– NYC mayor Michael Bloomberg criticizing Occupy Wall Street