Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
February 23, 2011"Tyler's worried that Curveball might be a fabricator."
– an aide to CIA deputy director John McLaughlin, prior to Colin Powell's UN speech"Oh, I hope not, because this is really all we have."
– McLaughlin, in response, according to CIA station chief Tyler Drumheller
February 22, 2011"The interesting part for me is that he has recanted what he said, which is fascinating in the sense that I think there are still a number of people who still thought there was something in that. Even now."
– Tyler Drumheller, the CIA station chief who tried to warn CIA Director George Tenet about Curveball's WMD fabrications
February 21, 2011"I had the chance to fabricate something to topple the regime. I and my sons are proud of that, and we are proud that we were the reason to give Iraq the margin of democracy."
– Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi, aka "Curveball," admitting to WMD lies used to justify the Iraq War
February 18, 2011"Read my lips. We're going to cut spending."
– House Speaker John Boehner"I can't believe I just said that."
– Boehner, while walking off stage a moment later
February 17, 2011"I think this is the end of the laptop...It's portable."
– Rupert Murdoch on the iPad
February 16, 2011"I said stay off the crack, and I still think that's pretty good advice, unless you can manage it socially. If you can manage it socially, then go for it, but not a lot of people can, you know?"
– Charlie Sheen
February 15, 2011"The average young person racks up 10,000 hours of gaming by age of 21. That's almost exactly as much time as they spend in a classroom during all of middle school and high school if they have perfect attendance."
– Jane McGonigal, in a recent article on video games
February 14, 2011"Our opponents are better at nastiness than we will ever be. It comes naturally."
– Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels on Dems
February 12, 2011"Who wants to run into a member of Congress in need of a shower wandering the halls in sweats or a robe?"
– Melanie Sloan of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, on the 30-50 Reps who live at work
February 11, 2011"If I run, and if I win, this country will be respected again."
– Donald Trump, on the presidency