Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 18, 2012"Obama is the head of infidelity and killing him automatically will make Biden take over the presidency. Biden is totally unprepared for that post, which will lead the U.S. into a crisis."
– Osama bin Laden, in a memo directing al-Qaeda to assassinate Obama
March 17, 2012"You can't make anybody watch, okay? Because you just have to close your eyes."
– PA Gov. Tom Corbett, defending bill that requires a doctor to perform an ultrasound with the screen turned towards the patient's face, then present her with two signed copies of the ultrasound image before she can receive an abortion
March 16, 2012"I don't take credit for it. It's God's hands."
– Texas State Sen. Dan Patrick, describing the sonogram bill he authored
March 15, 2012"The decision to end a life is not funny. There is nothing comic about this tasteless interpretation of legislation we have passed in Texas to ensure that women have all the facts when making a life-ending decision."
– Gov. Rick Perry spokeswoman Catherine Frazier, commenting on this week's strips
March 14, 2012"Planned Parenthood -- we're going to get rid of that."
– Mitt Romney
March 13, 2012"For many that are dealing with this issue...the concept of 'choice' can really be a fallacy. Because you can't make the right choice without knowing the true impact of what you're deciding."
– Gov. Rick Perry, on signing House Bill 15 in Texas
March 12, 2012"When presented with all the information, every person can make the right choice, the only choice, life."
– Governor Rick Perry, explaining the purpose of the Texas sonogram bill to a group of pastors
March 09, 2012"It isn't far-fetched to think that the President of the United States could say, 'We need to save health care expenses -- the federal government will only pay for one baby to be born in the hospital per family, or two babies to be born per family.' That could happen."
– Michele Bachmann
March 07, 2012"If we wind up with an open convention and someone wants to throw your name into the hat, would you stop them?"
– CNN's Paul Vercammen, to Sarah Palin"Anything is possible. And I don't close any doors that perhaps would be open out there. So, no, I wouldn't close that door. And my plan is to be at that convention."
– Sarah Palin
March 07, 2012"Her sex life is active. She's having sex so frequently that she can't afford all the birth control pills that she needs."
– Rush Limbaugh on Sandra Fluke