Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 20, 2011"A lot still needs to be done in China in terms of human rights."
– Chinese President Hu Jintao
January 19, 2011"Global Warming? Did you catch our debate at 6:15 ET? There are smart people on both sides who cite evidence of their positions, yet come up with wildly different conclusions. So which is it -- is the Earth getting warmer or not? Please try to offer some evidence of your theory, rather than just your 'hunch.' K?"
– Fox & Friends blog
January 18, 2011"For the children, you just hope the movies do well enough so you can keep them in private schools."
– Robert DeNiro, on receiving a lifetime achievement award at the Golden Globes
January 17, 2011"We have every right to go in there and frankly take all their oil and make them pay for the liberation."
– Sean Hannity on Kuwait
January 13, 2011"When you represent a district -- the home of the O.K. Corral and Tombstone, the town too tough to die -- nothing's a surprise."
– Rep. Gabriele Giffords, brushing off a 2009 incident in which a demonstrator's pistol fell out of his holster
January 13, 2011"Yeah, the whole Tea Party."
– Spencer Giffords, asked if his daughter had any enemies
January 12, 2011"What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country."
– Rush Limbaugh on Dems
January 11, 2011"It's a surveyor's symbol."
– aide Rebecca Mansour, describing the crosshairs on a Sarah Palin electoral map posted in 2010
January 10, 2011"Please look into protection for your family. An attempt on you could bring the Republic down."
– Glenn Beck in an email to Sarah Palin
January 09, 2011"War and Peace...'The best of times and the worst of times'..."
– RNC chairman Michael Steele, naming his favorite book, then paraphrasing the opening line of A Tale of Two Cities