Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 13, 2011"When you represent a district -- the home of the O.K. Corral and Tombstone, the town too tough to die -- nothing's a surprise."
– Rep. Gabriele Giffords, brushing off a 2009 incident in which a demonstrator's pistol fell out of his holster
January 13, 2011"Yeah, the whole Tea Party."
– Spencer Giffords, asked if his daughter had any enemies
January 12, 2011"What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country."
– Rush Limbaugh on Dems
January 11, 2011"It's a surveyor's symbol."
– aide Rebecca Mansour, describing the crosshairs on a Sarah Palin electoral map posted in 2010
January 10, 2011"Please look into protection for your family. An attempt on you could bring the Republic down."
– Glenn Beck in an email to Sarah Palin
January 09, 2011"War and Peace...'The best of times and the worst of times'..."
– RNC chairman Michael Steele, naming his favorite book, then paraphrasing the opening line of A Tale of Two Cities
January 07, 2011"I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam, in my opinion: tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication...It always comes in, and always goes out. You can't explain that."
– Bill O'Reilly
January 06, 2011"Actually, Obama. He's not too bright. Someone's gotta knock some sense into that idiot."
– UFC mixed martial artist Jacob Volkmann, asked who he would like to face next
January 05, 2011"I've been a racist since 1921. I don't know how they can think that I'm imitating Hitler"
– Mussolini, quoted in a mistress' recently-published diary
January 03, 2011"One of the most corrupt presidents in modern times."
– incoming House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Darrell Issa on Obama, later explaining that he meant to say "one of the most corrupt administrations in modern times"