Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 02, 2013"What Justice Scalia said, to me, was, 'The 15th Amendment of the Constitution ain't got no concerns for me because I'm white and proud.'"
– Rep. Jim Clyburn
February 28, 2013"Somewhere in Moscow tonight, Vladimir Putin saw that Bob Woodward was sent a threatening message from the White House...and he smiled."
– Dana Perino
February 25, 2013"None of the things [Obama is] saying are true...People know that if bad things occur, it's because the president wants them to occur. The president is the president. He's in charge of the government."
– Rep. Tom Price, chairman of the House Budget Committee, on the sequester
February 22, 2013"There were fewer declared Republicans in the faculty when we were there than Communists! There was one Republican. But there were twelve who would say they were Marxists who believed in the Communists overthrowing the United States government."
– Sen. Ted Cruz on Harvard Law School, which he attended 1992-1995
February 21, 2013"President Obama wants to raise your taxes so he can pay people $1.2 million to play World of Warcraft."
– Eric Cantor tweet
February 19, 2013"When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That's a big thing. That's a big surgery. You don't have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that."
– Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin, supporting legislation that would impose restrictions on abortion clinics
February 18, 2013"I'm asking you, do you care whether four Americans died?"
– Sen. John McCain to David Gregory on Meet the Press, re: Benghazi
February 15, 2013"They held her up as a victim. What was she the victim of? Rashes on the bottom of her feet?"
– Fox News host Bill Hemmer, mocking Desiline Victor, the 102-year-old woman who was applauded at the State of the Union for making two trips and waiting for three hours in order to vote
February 14, 2013"After Hurricane Sandy, we saw the hellish world that the gun prohibitionists see as their utopia. Looters ran wild in south Brooklyn."
– NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre
February 13, 2013"On the third floor, there were two chicks yelling at us and the point man was yelling at them and he said to me, 'Hey, we need to get moving. These bitches are getting truculent.' I remember saying to myself, 'Truculent? Really?'"
– the SEAL Team 6 member who killed Osama bin Laden