Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 10, 2011"Please look into protection for your family. An attempt on you could bring the Republic down."
– Glenn Beck in an email to Sarah Palin
January 09, 2011"War and Peace...'The best of times and the worst of times'..."
– RNC chairman Michael Steele, naming his favorite book, then paraphrasing the opening line of A Tale of Two Cities
January 07, 2011"I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam, in my opinion: tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication...It always comes in, and always goes out. You can't explain that."
– Bill O'Reilly
January 06, 2011"Actually, Obama. He's not too bright. Someone's gotta knock some sense into that idiot."
– UFC mixed martial artist Jacob Volkmann, asked who he would like to face next
January 05, 2011"I've been a racist since 1921. I don't know how they can think that I'm imitating Hitler"
– Mussolini, quoted in a mistress' recently-published diary
January 03, 2011"One of the most corrupt presidents in modern times."
– incoming House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Darrell Issa on Obama, later explaining that he meant to say "one of the most corrupt administrations in modern times"
January 01, 2011"The Chinese are kicking our butts in everything. If this was China, do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down."
– PA governor Ed Rendell, on postponement of Eagles game due to blizzard
December 30, 2010"I'm a Christian, I've made mistakes myself, I believe fervently in second chances. But Michael Vick killed dogs, and he did in a heartless and cruel way. And I think, personally, he should've been executed for that."
– Tucker Carlson
December 29, 2010"Computers are going to keep getting smaller and smaller. Ultimately, they will go inside our bodies and brains and make us healthier, make us smarter. We'll be online all the time. Search engines won't wait to be asked."
– Ray Kurzweil, on the future
December 28, 2010"Conservationists write me these nasty letters...using their pretty little pencils on their pretty little stationery not realizing. Where do you think your pencil and your piece of paper came from, people? It came from a tree that was harvested."
– Sarah Palin