Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
July 06, 2011"At the heart of liberalism, really, is a hatred for God and a belief that government should replace God."
– Missouri Rep. Todd Akin, running for the U.S. Senate
July 04, 2011"He hit the brakes, lost control, was ejected and struck his head on the road. He suffered a skull fracture."
– New York State Trooper Robert Jureller, on motorcyclist Philip Contos, killed while driving bare-headed in an organized ride protesting helmet laws
July 03, 2011"He did not cause this recession, but he made it worse."
– Mitt Romney on Obama, 6/27/11"I did not say that things are worse."
– Romney, when asked about the statement, 6/30/11
July 01, 2011"You will pray for the time when I was only on the air for one hour every day."
– Glenn Beck, on the future
June 30, 2011"She can raise enough money to burn a wet mule."
– Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour on Sarah Palin
June 29, 2011"I don't think the current minimum wage is necessary because most companies are paying higher than the minimum wage."
– Herman Cain
June 26, 2011"There is no such thing as global warming."
– Rick Santorum
June 24, 2011"The people on this commission are going to be people who know something about coal, oil, shale oil, natural gas, and they will be people whose businesses or individuals who have been abused by the EPA....like Shell Oil. I'm going to ask the CEO of Shell Oil would he like to be on this commission, and give me some recommendations."
– Herman Cain on who he would appoint to a "regulatory reduction commission" which would figure out which EPA regulations should be eliminated
June 23, 2011"What bothers me most is that there was turmoil during my love affair with Farrah. A lot of it caused by my family, by my kids. All of them, but particularly Tatum. And I just think that if she had never met us, would she still be alive today? Because nobody knows what really causes cancer."
– Ryan O'Neal
June 22, 2011"My initial thought was, 'Ten years too late.'...I was angry that this guy could be thirty miles north of Islamabad, and [the Pakistani government's] plausible deniability? That's just such bullshit. I can't even believe it."
– Jon Huntsman