Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 13, 2011"Yeah, the whole Tea Party."
– Spencer Giffords, asked if his daughter had any enemies
January 12, 2011"What Mr. Loughner knows is that he has the full support of a major political party in this country."
– Rush Limbaugh on Dems
January 11, 2011"It's a surveyor's symbol."
– aide Rebecca Mansour, describing the crosshairs on a Sarah Palin electoral map posted in 2010
January 10, 2011"Please look into protection for your family. An attempt on you could bring the Republic down."
– Glenn Beck in an email to Sarah Palin
January 09, 2011"War and Peace...'The best of times and the worst of times'..."
– RNC chairman Michael Steele, naming his favorite book, then paraphrasing the opening line of A Tale of Two Cities
January 07, 2011"I'll tell you why [religion's] not a scam, in my opinion: tide goes in, tide goes out. Never a miscommunication...It always comes in, and always goes out. You can't explain that."
– Bill O'Reilly
January 06, 2011"Actually, Obama. He's not too bright. Someone's gotta knock some sense into that idiot."
– UFC mixed martial artist Jacob Volkmann, asked who he would like to face next
January 05, 2011"I've been a racist since 1921. I don't know how they can think that I'm imitating Hitler"
– Mussolini, quoted in a mistress' recently-published diary
January 03, 2011"One of the most corrupt presidents in modern times."
– incoming House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Darrell Issa on Obama, later explaining that he meant to say "one of the most corrupt administrations in modern times"
January 01, 2011"The Chinese are kicking our butts in everything. If this was China, do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down."
– PA governor Ed Rendell, on postponement of Eagles game due to blizzard