Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
January 15, 2013"Well he did not..."
– Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, commenting during oral arguments for the first time in seven years
January 14, 2013"Everybody's looking at guns -- I look at it and go, 'What is the diet of that guy who went nuts? What toxins was he exposed to? What kind of household cleaners are they using?'"
– Suzanne Somers on Sandy Hook
January 11, 2013"If [more gun control] happens it's gonna spark a civil war, and I'll be glad to fire the first shot...I'm not letting anybody take my guns. If it goes one inch further, I'm going to start killing people."
– James Yeager, who runs a firearms and tactical training company
January 10, 2013"I increased donations to charity in 2012. This [fiscal cliff] deal limits my deductions so I, and many others, will likely donate less in 2013."
– former Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer
January 08, 2013"This country's gone, folks...It's the ruling corrupt insider-trading Congress and all these globalists, with all the derivatives -- they're a Mafia...I got cops on me. And I"m known...So if something happens to us and we're killed by crackheads, it was the NYPD or Mafia they hired. Period. This city runs white slaves, sex slaves out of here all day...Narcotics, you name it. This is Mafia Central...I came here and told the Mafia...'You can go to hell.' So..."
– Alex Jones, "reporting from the front lines of the fight for this republic" in a video made and posted after his gun control rant on Piers Morgan's show Monday night
January 07, 2013"I need this job like I need a hole in the head."
– House Speaker John Boehner
January 04, 2013"In 2006, Google made $60 billion less than U.S. newspapers and magazines. Now it makes more ad money than all of U.S. print media combined."
– Derek Thompson in a recent article
January 03, 2013"No. I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio... Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up... Most Muslims are terrorists and don't believe in Jesus Christ."
– Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque, when asked by the judge if he knew any Muslims or knew what Islam is
January 02, 2013"Go f**k yourself."-- House Speaker John Boehner to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid in the White House last Friday"What are you talking about?"-- Reid, to Boehner"Go f**k yourself."-- Boehner, to Reid"
December 28, 2012"I didn't realize how much I didn't want to be here until I got here."
– Sen. Charles Schumer, on returning to Washington, D.C.