Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
March 17, 2011"Part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich."
– Donald Trump
March 15, 2011"This has to be a tough call for the environmentalists around the world. They're scrambling now to blame this on global warming...Much of the damage seems to have happened in that part of Japan most heavily involved in manufacturing cars. So do environmentalists cheer or do they pretend to be saddened by this? It's a legitimate question."
– Rush Limbaugh
March 12, 2011"What I love about New Hampshire and what we have in common is our extreme love of liberty. You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord."
– Michele Bachmann
March 11, 2011"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate."
– Newt Gingrich, on his multiple affairs and marriages
March 10, 2011"Frankly, my toilets don't work in my house, and I blame you and people like you who want to tell me what I can install in my house...I've been waiting 20 years to talk about how bad these toilets are...I can't buy a toilet that works."
– Sen. Rand Paul complaining to Dept. of Energy's Kathleen Hogan about regulation of consumer items, at a senate committee hearing"I can help you find a toilet that works."
– Hogan"I'm sorry about your toilet."
– committee chairman Jeff Bingaman
March 09, 2011"Flying a little bigger plane than normal. You gonna launch some attacks in Libya or something?"
– General David Petraeus to Defense Secretary Robert Gates, at the airport in Kabul"Heh-heh, yeah. Exactly."
– Secretary Gates
March 08, 2011"Freedom of expression is the right of every natural person, even if a person chooses to behave irrationally to express his or her insanity."
– from Muammar Gaddafi's The Green Book
March 07, 2011"A Jewish conspiracy."
– Julian Assange, decrying "smears" from The Guardian and Private Eye magazine"Sort of Jewish."
– Assange, about the Guardian's editor, because his brother-in-law is Jewish"Forget the Jewish thing."
March 06, 2011"Brotherly Leader and Guide of the First of September Great Revolution of the Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya."
– Gaddafi's full official title
March 04, 2011"One thing that I do know is Obama's having grown up in Kenya, his view of the Brits, for example, very different than the average American...his perspective as growing up in Kenya with a Kenyan father is very different than ours because he probably grew up hearing that the British are a bunch of imperialists who persecuted his grandfather."
– Mike Huckabee on President Obama, who first visited Kenya in the late 1980s