Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
August 10, 2011"I walk through the hotel and I walk down the street, and people look at me like I'm f**king insane, like I'm Hitler. One day the light will shine through and one day people will understand everything I ever did."
– Kanye West
August 09, 2011"Hard to follow sometimes."
– Fox News host Gretchen Carlson on Spongebob Squarepants
August 07, 2011"We're on the fringe right now. We can barely defend ourselves."
– Rep. Bobby Schilling, member of the Armed Services Committee, on the U.S. military
August 04, 2011"If you want a bad job, go to Texas. If you want to work at Carl's Jr., our doors are open, and if you want to go to a crumbling school in a failing system, this is the place to come."
– Texas Rep. Garnet Coleman
July 31, 2011"This guy isn't a serious Christian. He's a devoted New York Times reader, and he's an extremely well-read guy."
– Mark Steyn on Anders Breivik
July 29, 2011"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone."
– Danish computer scientist Bjarne Stroustrup
July 26, 2011"I told him I'd be willing to sit down and talk about our differences and just try to provide for the people, but they didn't want that. They wanted me to convert to Islam and fight for them."
– U.S. Army 1st Lt. Benjamin Amsler, on a cell phone call he received from a Taliban commander
July 25, 2011"As a kid, all I thought about was death. But you can't tell your parents that."
– Maurice Sendak
July 22, 2011"I think of it as bling for the yard."
– Kristi Schiller, on the $50,000 playhouse she and her oil executive husband had custom-built for their 4-year-old"Adorable and worth every penny."
– Retired defense contractor Dan Burnham, on the $248,000 playhouse he bought for his grandkids
July 21, 2011"In the end, 'Potter' may go down as the most sexist story ever told."
– Andrea Peyser