Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
August 25, 2013"Those of you in the media and politics who fed this hysteria need to look at what you helped create. Because you have unleashed a monster."
– Bob Filner, resigning as mayor of San Diego in the wake of 18 allegations of sexual harassment
August 24, 2013"In that paper of Aug. 29, 1963, The Post published two dozen stories about the march. Every one missed the importance of King's address. The words 'I have a dream' appeared in only one, a wrap-up of the day's rhetoric on Page A15 -- in the fifth paragraph."
– former managing editor Robert G. Kaiser, in an Op Ed about the WaPo blowing its coverage of the March on Washington
August 22, 2013"After I did the Vivid photo shoot a couple weeks ago, people already thought I made a porno, so it was like, 'Eh, they think I did, I might as well.'"
– Anthony Weiner sexting partner Sydney Leathers, on why she made a porn film
August 21, 2013"As many as 50,000 stray dogs roam the streets and vacant homes of bankrupt Detroit."
– -- Bloomberg News
August 19, 2013"I can't wait to write a defense of the drone strike that takes out Julian Assange."
– Time reporter Michael Grunwald, in a tweet
August 16, 2013"I will bet you, for most of you, you go home in the next two weeks when your members of Congress are home, and you look them in the eye and you say, 'What is your positive replacement for Obamacare?' They will have zero answer."
– Newt Gingrich to Republican National Committee meeting
August 15, 2013"[We] have Muslim Brotherhood affiliated groups and individuals infiltrated into this current Obama administration. This is serious."
– former Rep. Allen West
August 14, 2013"Don't use the term the other side uses. Who does Barack Obama talk about all the time? The middle class. Since when in America do we have classes? Since when in America are people stuck in areas or defined places called a class? That's Marxism talk."
– Rick Santorum
August 13, 2013"I think that imposing fines on gays for homosexual propaganda among teenagers is not enough. They should be banned from donating blood, sperm. And their hearts, in case of the automobile accident, should be buried in the ground or burned as unsuitable for the continuation of life."
– Dmitri Kisilev, Deputy General Director of the Russian State Television and Broadcasting Company
August 12, 2013"Absolutely 100% all of it is fraud."
– Rep. Markwayne Mullin on food stamps