Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
December 01, 2010"Yo being nice is my whole shit now."
– Kanye West, in a recent tweet
November 30, 2010"They're not going to let red and green into the classroom...How do you equate red and green with Jesus?...Take away the nativity scene and now you're going to take away red and green?"
– Gretchen Carlson on Fox & Friends, reporting a false story about a Florida elementary school banning Christmas colors. Five years ago Bill O'Reilly was forced to retract a similar false report about a school in Texas.
November 29, 2010"I recently won in court to stop my book 'America by Heart' from being leaked, but US Govt can't stop Wikileaks' treasonous act?"
– Sarah Palin, tweeting
November 29, 2010"We had the greatest generation. I think this is the greediest generation."
– Alan Simpson on reaction to Debt Commission proposals to reduce national debt
November 26, 2010"This is stemming from, I think, a greater problem when we're all sitting around asking 'Oh no, what are we gonna do,' and we're not having a lot of faith that the White House is gonna come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea's gonna do."
– Sarah Palin
November 25, 2010"I think she's very happy in Alaska -- and I hope she'll stay there."
– Barbara Bush, on Sarah Palin"I think the majority of Americans don't want to put up with the blue bloods. And I say it with all due respect because I love the Bushes."
– Sarah Palin, in response
November 23, 2010"Do you ever wonder where the producers of American Idol come up with the seemingly endless supply of people who can't sing but are deluded enough to get up in front of a national audience and screech out a song anyway?"
– Sarah Palin, in her new book
November 21, 2010"Sometimes dictators have good ideas."
– -- failed GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle, on Augusto Pinochets's privatization of Chilean social security
November 18, 2010"We were just trying to get rid of all the marijuana."
– Pfc. Ramone Hollins, after he and two other soldiers were arrested for breaking into a Colorado pot dispensary
November 18, 2010"The entire Cabinet, meeting at the White House for the first time since the terrorist attacks, stood and applauded when President Bush entered the room. Caught by surprise, Bush choked up for a moment, the second time in two days he had lost his composure in front of others."
– Bob Woodward, in "Bush at War""I began my first Cabinet meeting since the terrorist attacks. As I stepped into the room, the team broke out in sustained applause. I was surprised, and I choked up at their heartfelt support. The tears flowed for the second time in two days."
– George W. Bush, in "Decision Points"