Say What? Archive
What a long, strange strip it's been
Welcome to the Doonesbury Say What? Archive
May 06, 2011"Probably the most important moment maybe in American history."
– Condoleezza Rice on President Bush at Ground Zero
May 05, 2011"A similar death and a similar taking away...The question comes down to this: what will you say to that next generation about what you did to make sure that wouldn't be their fate?"
– Michele Bachmann on taxes and the Holocaust
May 04, 2011"55%"
– percentage of Republicans who, after release of Obama's long-form birth certificate, still think he was not, or might not have been, born in the U.S.
May 03, 2011"There is nobody who is less of a racist than Donald Trump."
– Donald Trump
May 02, 2011"Not a great country."
– Donald Trump on the U.S.
April 30, 2011"Listen, you mother******s, we're going to tax you 25 percent!"
– Donald Trump, on how he'd tell China he's adding an export tariff
April 29, 2011"There are certainly the mothers of some eligible young aristocratic women who are very disappointed, who feel their daughters have been pipped at the post."
– BBC royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell
April 28, 2011"You may be rubbed red sore in 200-year-old tight buckskin breeches that 20 men have worn before you."
– retired Duke of Edinburgh head coachman David E. Saunders, on the travails of wedding duty
April 27, 2011"Paying attention to the royal family, even if only to read sensationalist tabloid articles about them, is one of the proper jobs of English people. But for an American to be excited about the royal wedding is undignified and lame. And, I would add, if you get up at 3 a.m. on Friday to watch the wedding on television, you are a traitor to your country."
– Mark Oppenheimer
April 26, 2011"If you really love him, honey, get him out of there, and yourself, too. Many of us don't want or need another sacrifical lamb to water the dried bones and veins of a dessicated system."
– Christopher Hitchens' advice for Kate Middleton